New Year’s Eve is 10 days away, and I’ll be celebrating in Walt Disney World! In Part 1, I summarized events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Today, I’ll give you the details of New Year’s Eve happenings at Magic Kingdom!
Magic Kingdom offers the most family-friendly environment for your 2014 countdown as no alcohol is served in the park (except for guests lucky enough to dine at Be Our Guest for dinner). The day is packed with character greetings, shows and special events marking the holiday season! Highlights include:
- Morning Extra Magic Hour at 7:00am
- Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party at 11am, 2pm and 5:15pm
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade will run at 12:30 and 3:30pm!
- Celebrate the Season with Mickey and Minnie! Multiple showtimes starting at 2:50pm
- #INCREDIBLESsuperdanceparty runs approximately hourly starting at 5:30pm
- Cinderella’s Holiday Wish Castle Lighting at 6:15pm
- Main Street Electrical Parade at 7pm and 9pm
- Celebrate the Magic at 8:15pm and 11:35pm
- Holiday Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at 8:30 pm
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks at 11:50pm!
Remember that Magic Kingdom is the most popular park for New Year’s Eve and the park may close. TouringPlans has a great description of how Disney implements phased closures of the parks:http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures
Your best bet is to stay at a Disney Resort, arrive early and settle in to enjoy the festivities. This would be a great day to prebook attractions using FastPass+ as lines will be long throughout the day and night.
Stay tuned for highlights of New Year’s events at Epcot and Downtown Disney! Choices, choices. Where will you spend New Year’s Eve? I’ll write about my family’s countdown plans soon too!